For everything there is a season

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Christmas Fun and New Year begun!

I returned on January 2nd after spending time with family and friends over the Christmas Holiday.  It was a fun and very refreshing couple of weeks.

A few of the things I enjoyed were spending time with grandparents and other relatives, visiting with former landscape clients, and a great day of skiing with some of my siblings and friends.  I also toured a non-profit organization in Milwaukee, WI called Growing Power.

The founder of Growing Power, Will Allen, has pioneered a revolutionary movement of urban/inner city agriculture. It was amazing to see the variety of ways Mr. Allen grows food in small spaces. The main farm is only about three acres but has multiple green/hoop houses on site which shelter a thriving population of chickens, turkeys, goats, tilapia, honey bees, seasonal produce, micro greens, and millions of worms. His work is inspirational.

I also got to see Dan, a special friend that moved from Polyface back to his home state of WI. Dan is now the chef at a restaurant in downtown Milwaukee, called, "Rosie's on Water"......anyone hungry? You won't be disappointed!

Dad, my sister Anna, and I
My brother, Jonathan, next to one of the hydroponic systems at Growing Power
Dan in Rosie's kitchen on the day before his grand opening
A very decorated house near our neighborhood.

All of us!
2011 has gone by too fast. Looking back, I am so thankful for the many blessings from God over the years. To find myself in a full-time management position at Polyface Farm is something I could never have imagined a couple of years ago, ... but God did!  I look forward with anticipation to experiencing more of  the love and grace of Jesus working in my life in the coming months.

May this New Year bring much exciting growth in your life!

No comments: